Saturday, January 28, 2017

Featured Human Project Track

Every so often, I am going to feature one of my songs, and talk to you a little about how it came about.

The first one is "Standing in the Shadows."  I wrote this song in 2005.  It was recorded in Porterville, CA at the Sound Garden Studio.  This studio was an analog studio, one of the few left around.  It was one of the last tracks we recorded in these sessions and we had not rehearsed it much at all. The basic track you hear on the Real Stuff, 2006 is this basic track.  We got it in one take.  I then brought in a really good back-up singer named JoAnn Stephens to lay the back-up vocals. Hope you checked her out good.  She got an offer to go to Nashville in 80's.  In 2006, I took the analog tapes to Fresno to Fast Traxx studios.  He had a machine that would allow me to load songs from Porterville sessions into his Pro Tools equipment.  I did this with Standing in the Shadows.  I wanted to get this track a little hotter and the drums did not sound good. We fixed all of this still using the basic track.  I brought in Nate Ketner and he put down that sax solo.  Out of the Porterville analog sessions, 3 songs made in onto The Real Stuff released in 2006.  We cut 5 more new tracks to go with them. This CD is still one of my biggest sellers.

The Players on Standing in the Shadows are:

Loyd..The Human Vandergriff.  Guitars/Vocal
Dwayne Janzen...Lead Guitar
Bryan Beale........Bass
Ron Greeley.......Drums
Joe Travo...........Keyboards
Nate Ketner........Sax
JoAnn Stephens..Back up vocals

CD was sent to Gateway studios in Portland, Maine to be mastered by Adam Ayan.

STANDING IN THE SHADOWS, CLICK LINK BELOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6vedmYpTv4

Thanks to all friends and fans of The Human Project.


The Human
The Human Project.


No comments:

Post a Comment

TGIF. More Random Digressions