Monday, October 30, 2017

How bout this New Country Music?

Well how bout it?
It comes from the Nashville Cookie cutter factory.  They have their formula down.
All highly compressed, loud, studio musicians got the formula down too. It perfect to a fault.
Clean, sterile, pro-tools, digital.  Its lost some of the soul of the old school guys who wrote their stuff drinkin whiskey and smokin Malboro's and chewin Copenhagen, traveling in grimy tour buses
and playin dives. But man they had the soul and sound.  They brought this into the studio with them.

I decided to take a crack at a Waylon Jennings song, "Are You Sure Hank Done it This Way."
It's far from perfect.  Some issues in the track, but the video and pics I put with it try to make the point about the old school music.  I don't write or record country songs, but I sure as hell was brought up listening to em.  I know what I listen to today is pretty thin stuff, except for Chris Stapleton.  That guy's the real deal.

Anyway. Here is the link to new video.  Go back and listen to some of these old school guys.
They brought the road and the lifestyle into the studio with them.  Might wanna sip on something while ya listen.


Click the link:

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2502U9gpms&t=7s



The Human
Vocals
Bass
Guitars
Harmonica


David Brown
Mandolin


http://www.humanrocks.net


No comments:

Post a Comment

From Vietnam to Afghanistan

I have always been a student of history.  I actually taught it for 19 years in high school before changing careers in 1995.  I am also old ...